About the Policy Jury Group
The Policy Jury Group was founded in 2017 as a non-partisan, non-profit organization. The programs of the Policy Jury Group are based on a large body of democratic experimentation and innovation that has taken place over past decade in a variety of political contexts around the world, and is correspondingly known by many names including, Citizen Juries©, Citizens’ Initiative Reviews©, Citizen Reference Panels, and Citizen Deliberative Councils, to name a few.
The thread that connects all of these programs is that they engage small groups of randomly-selected “juries” of the public to aid policy decision-makers in an impactful and non-partisan way. We call them Policy Juries. At the PJG, our programs are focused on how Policy Juries can be used within government, rather than a service, or consultation, provided by the private or non-profit sector.
The Policy Jury Group is guided by a Board of Directors, which oversees the organization, an Advisory Board to provide strategic support, and Program Advisors and Partners to assist with program development.
Board of Directors
Research Professor at NYU, Founder of Fórum dos Cidadãos
New York, NY
Founder and CEO, Intellitics, Inc.
San Jose, CA
Community Manager, Foundation for Sustainable Development
San Francisco, CA
Civic reformer, political activist, IT manager
Director of Learning Initiatives, Conscious Capitalism International
New York, NY
Amanda Kathryn Roman
- Jennie Bowser – Former Senior Fellow National Conference of State Legislatures – Portland, OR
- Bill Fulton – Co-Founder, Executive Director, The Civic Canopy – Denver, CO
- Joe Garcia – Director of Communication and Community Impact at ASU Morrison Institute for Public Policy – Phoenix, AZ
- Eugene Kim – Founder, Faster Than 20 – Oakland, CA
- Peter Levine – Associate Dean for Research, Lincoln Filene Professor of Citizenship & Public Affairs, Tufts University’s Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life – Medford, MA
- Josh Lerner – Co-Founder, Executive Director, The Participatory Budgeting Project – New York, NY
- Joe Mathews – California and Innovation Editor, Zócalo Public Square – Los Angeles, CA
- Pete Peterson – Dean, Pepperdine School of Public Policy – Santa Monica, CA
- Jackie Salit – President, Independentvoting.org – New York, NY
- Wendy Willis – Director, Deliberative Democracy Consortium – Portland, OR
- Sarah Giles – Director, Oregon Kitchen Table Project – Portland, OR
- Tim Hicks – Independent Consultant / Conflict Management – Eugene, OR
- Ahmed Teleb – Researcher, University of Virginia – Charlottesville, VA
- Amit Ron – Associate Professor, Arizona State University – Phoenix, AZ
- Daniel Schugurensky – Director, Participatory Governance Initiative – Phoenix, AZ
** Unless otherwise noted, organizations are listed for identification purposes – all members serve as individual volunteers.